Gantt Chart Row Sort

Paul Lissak May 5, 2013

Is there a way to change the row sorting? In particular we need to sort the fixed versions by release date (newest to oldest).

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 7, 2013

Hi Paul,

within JIRA you can configure versions per project including their order like shown on the screenshot below:

Within my Gantt-Chart addon, I am using the same order as you can see below:

The inconsistency within JIRA is something, I have no influence on. Reversing the order on the Gantt-Chart in the past has resulted in support requests to use the same order like on JIRA versions-tab (screenshot #1) ... within Gantt-Chart v2.3, I will reverse again and we'll see what reactions are popping up.

Regards,
Frank

Paul Lissak May 7, 2013

I created three versions like you did to demonstrate how JIRA sorts versions:

JIRA's two-dimensional filter gadget reverses the order:

JIRA's version selection drop-down also reverses the order:

I'd prefer the Gantt chart reverse the vesion order like JIRA does. I'm not sure why people requested that you change the Gantt chart to be different. Maybe in your Gantt chart v2.3 add a gadget setting to alter the version order.

Thanks for your help on this.

0 votes
Paul Lissak May 12, 2013

I just installed the v2.3 plugin and the versions are ordered like JIRA orders them in dropdowns and tables. Thanks for getting this in the next release!

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 6, 2013

Hi Paul,

if you are using JIRA without Greenhopper, you can sort the project's versions (JIRA's native functionality: use drag'n drop on the tab "versions" as project admin) and that version order is displayed within my Gantt-Chart, too.

Regards,
Frank

Paul Lissak May 6, 2013

Thanks. That got it to work.

However, JIRA reverses the vesions in the drop-downs and the two dimensional filter gadget. I'm sure JIRA reverses the versions elsewhere too.

This is terribly inconsistent with your Gannt chart which does not reverse the versions. Could you reverse the version order too or make it a setting?

0 votes
Frank Polscheit
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 5, 2013

Hi Paul,

please switch to JIRA's Issue Navigator ("search issues") and use "configure columns" to add "Gantt-Chart" as new column to the result set: you will get an embedded Gantt-Chart and you determine, what issues are displayed in what sort order via basic search UI or more advanced via JQL using ORDER BY.

Regards,
Frank

Paul Lissak May 6, 2013

Thanks for the quick response. In our case, we are using the non-embedded Gantt chart gadget because we need it in a dashboard. Can we change the sorting in the Gantt chart gadget?

Over here we're more familiar with project plans that start with the most recent version date at the top. Hopefully this could be a gadget setting in a future version.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events