Filled field will not show until edit

Ulrich Dreifke December 13, 2017

We fill field DoD with Behaviour. The field is filled but not shown. When we edit the ticket and change something, the DoD field will then be there.

We only fill Storys and i checked the field settings and also the Screen Scheme.

Why we have to Change Ticket with Edit to see the field?

1 answer

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 13, 2017

Hello,

Do you mean that you can not see a custom field in the view issue screen until the value is set for the field? If so, that is how Jira works. If a custom field does not have a value, then it will not be on the view screen.

Ulrich Dreifke January 25, 2018

No, the field filled automatically with Behaviour Plug-In. The field is filled but we have to edit, do nothing just Close edit, and now we see the field.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2018

I am not sure I grasp where you have used the behaviour, or what you're doing with a "hidden field"  Could you explain what is different to this chain of events:

• Click create issue
  • Create screen appears
    • with DoD on it
    • DoD is filled in by the user
    • Click create
  • You now return to the issue view screen
    • DoD is not shown
  • Click edit
    • DoD is shown and editable
    • You commit your edit
  • You now return to the issue view screen
    • DoD is visble