Features parity between draw.io Online vs Confluence Integration

Heather Workman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2019

Hello,

I am testing out the draw.io, and we would be looking at Confluence integration. However I do not have the access to the Confluence server to actually run the confluence trial, so I have been testing out all the features on the online version.  

Is there an exact feature parity between the Online and Confluence version at the time of initial deployment assuming we go with the latest version? Looking at the training materials, I understand Confluence version will have some additional options like integrating diagrams into pages, but with those features ignored and focused purely on importing an existing Visio file, making changes, adding stencils, etc. and finally saving, is there any difference between the two?

How are feature and version updates handled for the Confluence version? Do they always become available at same time as Online or is there a delay?

Thank you

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Benson _draw_io_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 8, 2019

If you want free access to a Confluence test server, go to https://swift.seibert-media.net/ and spin up any confluence instance (it will last a few weeks). ​

The draw.io editor release goes into the online version first, and then into the Server version within 2-3 weeks. We have to perform additional testing with the integration and check the online version is stable, first. ​

You can assume 99.5% feature parity, I can't think of anything major missing. Where there are differences we usually provide a way to configure the plugin to add that functionality back in.

Heather Workman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 8, 2019

This response was very helpful, thank you; I was able to get an instance up and running very quickly and add draw.io.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events