Enhanced Page Reporting and Filtering

Phil Brown October 11, 2018

I’ve recently uncovered that Confluences reporting macros along with a filtering macro come with a major flaw.  If you have a large set of data, and you’re using the page report macro along with a filter macro, you can only filter what’s currently on the screen.  In other words, a table which would typically be consolidated to one simple page can be across multiple pages.

The reason is that the two plugin don't work together.

If I have 1000 pages. My goal is to display by default 50 items.  If a user filters this table by any string, I would like all relevant items to appear on 1 table (and additional pages if exceeding the display default).

What have other found as a good workaround?

Thanks.

1 answer

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 16, 2018

Phil,

Can you let me know what macro or add-on you're using for filtering? It's not a built-in functionality, so I think you might be using something like the Table Filter and Charts add-on.

Could you confirm?

Regards,

Shannon

Phil Brown October 16, 2018

Yes - That's the filter macro that I'm using.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2018

Phil,

Thank you for letting me know. I've tagged and moved your post so that they will be able to let you know if there are any workarounds for that.

You're also welcome to reach out via their support resources. I'm sure this has been reported in the past, so they may have some good advice for you.

Regards,

Shannon

Phil Brown October 17, 2018

I have contacted the support team for the filter macro.  The macro does as expected, it filters what's on the page.  Unfortunately, it knows nothing about the paging that's created from the 40 page limitation of the report macro.  So, if you have 160 pages AND the reporting macro has a 40 page listing limitation, a user would have to filter the current page, then click on each pagination to get a complete picture.  So inefficient.

You mentioned that "they" will let me know if there's a workaround.  Will that hopefully be posted on this page?

Phil

Phil Brown October 17, 2018

Just wanted to clarify something.  For TASK reports, there's an actual limitation on the number of items that can be listed.  For the Content Report Macro, this limitation is defined by the user.  The point still remains, you can't filter (dynamically) on paged items.

Phil

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
October 18, 2018

Phil,

I apologize for not being clear.

By they I meant the Community users who are familiar with that specific add-on, including Champions, the add-on's vendor, and other community members that happen to be familiar with it.

As for adjusting the pagination of the Task Report Macro, we had a request for it a while back, but unfortunately it has been rejected as we do not intend to include this feature in our upcoming roadmap.

For you to be able to filter additional pages, the add-on provider would need to determine a method for the macro to do so. Did they happen to mention if it was a feature that had been requested in the past?

I'm thinking it's likely not even possible, but they would be able to let you know if it were at least a feature that has been requested in the past. I would still advise you to keep an eye on this thread in case some other users in the past have had the same requirement and determined a workaround for this issue.

I'm terribly sorry that I'm not able to assist you further.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events