Email subject

Stefan de Pagter January 28, 2016

Dear Antonella,

Can I change the subject of my email? I noticed you can change a lot of things but not the subject.

EmailSubject.jpg

See the attached picture and the issue we have. 

You would like to see 

[JIRA] (RFC-20004) Test multiple implementers - Approval Required for 'Implementer Review'.

and not 

[JIRA] (RFC-20004) Test multiple implementers - Approval Required for 'Reviewed'.

I understand "Reviewed" is the transition used but the approval needs to be given for the "Status" callend "Implementer Review".

I already know that people will complain as they check the email subject/header first.

Can this be fixed?

Many thanks,

Stefan

4 answers

1 vote
Stefan de Pagter October 3, 2016

Hi Antonella, thanks for the information. I can indeed see it now and this is also how we agreed it before. Thank you Stefan

1 vote
Stefan de Pagter January 29, 2016

Dear Antonella,

That would help us a lot! If you can provide this fix we would be grateful. 

Regards,

Stefan

0 votes
Stefan de Pagter October 3, 2016

Hi Antonella, 

We have just upgraded to the newest version of the plugin in production. Can we now modify the subject?

Thanks,

Stefan

Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2016

Hi Stefan,
Starting by Approval add-on version 3.5 (released on February 15, 2016), in order to meet your request, the email's subject was changed as follows: 
Outgoing Email prefix - Project name / (Issue Key) Issue Summary / Source Workflow Status - Approval Required for 'Workflow Transition'
See also https://chicago.herzum.com/confluence/display/HAP/How+to+manage+the+approval+via+email in order to display an Email message example.

We cannot allow that the Workflow Transition is removed by the email subject because this information is needed by the add-on in order to process the approval reply.

Please, review also my old comment for further explanations.

Sincerely,
Antonella

0 votes
Antonella Capalbo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2016

The reasons why the email subject reports the transition name, instead of the source status, consist in the following:

• the approval request is indeed as requiring approval for moving the ticket versus a destination status. In general, an issue can move from a source status versus several destination statuses via different transitions. A possible scenario where from a source status two transitions require the approval and the approver wants approve moving the ticket versus one destination status and not versus another, the two emails would have the same subject so to generate misunderstanding
  • the Approval section of the issue lists approvals grouped by transition. In my opinion, same customers can find confusing to display the source status on the email subject and something different in the Approval section of the issue view.

In order to take care of your needs consisting in evidencing the issue status on the email subject, I suppose it can be meet by adding this information on the subject.

E.g.

[JIRA] Test multiple implementers / (RFC-20004) / In Implementer Review - Approval Required for 'Reviewed'.

I’d like your thoughts on this so we can proceed.

Sincerely yours,

Antonella

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events