Does this add-on respect Jira security?

Lee Correll
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 25, 2019

I have numerous projects, each representing a different customer - some of whom are competitors.  I absolutely cannot allow individuals from one project to see any data from another project; we use group-level security to ensure that when a new project is set up, that members of that organization are the only ones who can read / write / create such data.

Thus, Atlassian's "share everything" approach as a general princple doesn't work well for us.

In the past, we've had to prevent the use of some add-ons because the use of the add-on transcended the security we had in place.

I need to know - because we aren't a Microsoft shop and don't use MS Teams - what happens here.  I've had a request from a client to install this plug in, but I need some data about it before I let them connect their Team server up.

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 26, 2019

Hello Lee,

Thank you for your question.

Allow us to elaborate on the process of the tab creation in MS Teams.

After you install Jira Cloud addon to your Jira instance as well as add Jira Cloud app in MS Teams, you will need to add a tab to the MS Teams channel. After you do that, it becomes visible for other members, who have access to the same channel. They will be able to click/access this tab.
However, in order for a user to see the information on the tab that is loaded from JIRA, he will have to login into the corresponding Jira instance and have permissions to access the board attached to the MS Teams tab.

You can even create several tabs within one MS Teams channel and connect each tab with boards from different Jira instances. Yet, you can only be logged into one Jira account at a time, so you would need to enter you Jira credentials every time you need to access another tab in MS Teams.

We hope that this clarifies the access rules established in MS Teams. If you have further questions, feel free to let us know.

Best regards,
SoftServe Support Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events