Does Tempo allow deleting of Accounts that have time logged against them?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 18, 2013

I uploaded all my accounts and now I'm maintaining the additions and deletions manually as customers in our organization come and go. If an Account has time logged against it, can I still delete that account? Is there any sort of warning? I'm concerned about blowing away Accounts that have time logged.

Is there a better way to manage this?

Thanks..Susan

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 20, 2013

If you have Account configured as an custom field in the issues, you can simply filter these issues out that have this Account connected to them. If you use Account as worklog attribute you can use the Excel export. This could be more difficult, depending on how far back in time you have to go.

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2013

Thanks, I'll build a query...Would be nice to have that warning when you go to delete...

:-)

0 votes
Susanne Götz [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2013

Hi Susan,

you can only delete an account if it is no longer connected to a project. The worklogs remain in your database but the account information connected to the log is gone. Instead of deleting an account (where there micht be more information than only the worklogs) you can close it . No new logs can then be added to this account but all the information will be available. Please take a look at https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO077/Managing+Accounts for more information.

Regards

Susanne (Tempo)

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2013

Hi,

Is there any easy way to check if any worklogs have the account that I want to delete? Although I will be closing when time is recorded against an account, but prefer to delete as we have hundreds of these accounts.

Thanks,
Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events