Create Issue -Not working

mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

Getting Error: "Error creating issue. Error occurred while creating issue. This could be due to a plugin being incompatible with this version of JIRA. For more details please consult the logs, and see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/3McB"

Note :using latest groovy plugins fom market place(groovy-all-1.8.5.jar,groovyrunner-2.1.3.jar)

JIRA version :5.2.10

I couldnt see any errors/exceptions in log. May be is it bcoz of the jira-misc-workflow-extensions-3.0.0.jar ? The latest I see as 3.0.1 in Market Place?My JIRA version is 5.2.10.

6 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2013

JIRA Misc Workflow Extensions 3.0.0 is compatible with JIRA 5.2, so this should not be the issue.

You must have an error in the atlassia-jira.log file (look for ERROR in all uppercase).

0 votes
Mihai Trandafir February 23, 2017

Can you tell us how this problem can be resolved? Or if you have a link with a solution please attach it here.

I have the same message on JIRA5 on the Create Issue Screen.

Thanks

David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 24, 2017

Are you aware that, if you have an active JMWE license, you can request support at https://innovalog.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/8 ?

Mihai Trandafir February 25, 2017

Thank you

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 24, 2013

Can you check for non-ERROR logs in that atlassian-jira.log file around the same time you get the error message?

Also, can you check you have not deactivated some logs in JIRA itself (this is visible in the admin)?

If you're getting this error in the UI, you _must_ be getting a trace in atlassian-jira.log unless you've changed the default logging levels.

Finally, you should check your workflow for usage of non-standard post-functions and validators and temporarily remove them one by one until the error goes away during issue creation.

0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2013

Yes .Iam checking atlassian-jira.log from jira_home/log dir.

I am sure that there are no errors /exceptions thrown in atlassian-jira.log file.Verified multiple times.

0 votes
mehala n
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

No errors in the log.Just in The front end I get the error

Error: "Error creating issue. Error occurred while creating issue. This could be due to a plugin being incompatible with this version of JIRA. For more details please consult the logs, and see http://confluence.atlassian.com/x/3McB

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

Which logs are you checking? atlassian-jira.log file?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 22, 2013

What is the error in logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events