Could anyone help with a script for conditional execution in a post function?

J December 5, 2014

I am attempting to allow a specific group to by pass a workflow step.  I want the script to get the current user and if that user is in a group "QA" , it returns true and the post function executes the next transition. 

I'm not sure what to do for coding here. I've attempted to use groovy but our script listener add on is broken at the moment and I cannot test. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated in making this code work.

thanks,

import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.User;
import com.atlassian.jira.ComponentManager;

User user = ComponentManager.getInstance().getJiraAuthenticationContext().getLoggedInUser();
CrowdService cs = ComponentManager.getInstance().getCrowdService();
return cs.isuserMemberOfGroup(user.getName(), "QA");

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 8, 2014

Try:

def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager()
return groupManager.getGroupNamesForUser(user.name).contains("QA")
J December 9, 2014

@echlin I was getting this error when it ran. I was able to pull it out of catalina.out when creating a ticket. Script1.groovy: 5: unable to resolve class CrowdService @ line 5, column 14. CrowdService cs = ComponentManager.getInstance().getCrowdService(); So I added this import: import com.atlassian.crowd.embedded.api.CrowdService; That didnt seem to help. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 10, 2014

Strange... Try def groupManager = ComponentAccessor.getGroupManager() return groupManager.getGroupNamesForUser(user.name).contains("QA")

J December 11, 2014

that worked. thank you so much.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events