Copy Space compatibility with Confluence 5.5

Cyrille Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Hi everyone,

Does someone knows when Copy Space will be delivered compatibile with Confluence 5.5 ?

Regards

Cyrille

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Hi Cyrille,

The copy space plugin is still not compatible with 5.5 indeed as we can see in the plugin versions page.

Since the last compatible version is 5.4, it might work with the 5.5, however I recommend a test in a staging environment before. I couldn't find an ETA for 5.5 compatibility unfortunately. It might take a while to get a newer version of this plugin.

Regards,

Rodrigo

Cyrille Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 15, 2014

Thank you Rodriguo for your answer.

I will perform some test then.

Regards

Cyrille

Cyrille Martin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 15, 2014

I perform the test with confluence 5.5.2, and it seems to work.

I didn't test every content, I just copy the demonstration space.

Thank you again Rodrigo.

I wish Atlassian will have time to build a clean compatible version, but for the moment I will do with the 2.3.

Rodrigo Girardi Adami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 15, 2014

Thanks for the feedback Cyrille. :)

Cheers!

0 votes
SPence October 16, 2014

This is an example of why it is so painful to upgrade versions. Did not realize 5.6 did not work. Now manually creating spaces. copy content from over 75 pages now, makes for a fun day.

0 votes
Theresa Adams June 25, 2014

Curious at to what Atlassian is using to copy spaces for the documentation site since the copy space plugin doesn't work yet with 5.5. A year or so back, when I asked about how Atlassian maintains their documentation, I was told they use copy space. That's what I've been using since then. But we are about to upgrade, and really need the functionality to work for 5.5. I'll try the compatability test above, but would like to know how Atlassian is doing it in the meantime.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events