Content Scheduler Plugin Results in error

Dan O'Brien August 7, 2013

Hello,

We've installed the content scheduler plugin on our instance of confluence and it installed without error, but every time we try to use is we get the below error. Has anyone else had similar issues, or ideas on how to fix this one?

The following error(s) occurred:

• A title must be specified! Please enter a title for this blog post!

3 answers

0 votes
Jeremy Dunderdale
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 28, 2015

Any progress on making this plugin work with Zen plugins ?

0 votes

0 votes
Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2013

Hi Dan,

Did you set a title before trying to schedule the blog post? Please try to set a title first, without a title the plugin won't be able to publish the blog post later.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Remo

Yes, i have a title set (please see above screenshot). this only seems to be happening on version 5 of confluence

Claude Edkins August 7, 2013

also, when we go back into edit the blog, the schedule button is not there even if we save the blog post first

Claude Edkins August 7, 2013

also, when we go back into edit the blog, the schedule button is not there even if we save the blog post first

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 8, 2013

We've just tested it in Confluence versions 5.0 and 5.1.5, everything worked like expected. Which exact version of Confluence and the Content Scheduler plugin are you using? Is there anything special with your Confluence installation? For example a custom theme you are using?

Once you've published a blog post, there is no way to schedule it again. That should be the reason why the schedule button isn't there anymore.

Claude Edkins August 8, 2013

We are using zen as a custom theme

Dan O'Brien August 8, 2013

We're using version 5.1.4 of confluence and version 1.3.2 of content scheduler. The only customization i'm aware of (aside from other plugins) is the theme of the site (i believe it's the Zen theme).

What's interesting is there is nothing in the logs when i click the "Schedule" button. Is there a way to turn up logging, maybe debug logging would show the underlying error?

Claude Edkins August 12, 2013

Any update on this issue?

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 12, 2013

We're currently investigating this issue. It looks like it's related with the Zen theme. Thanks for your patience

Claude Edkins August 20, 2013

Any additional information on resolution would be appreciated

Remo Siegwart
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 22, 2013

After analyzing the problem deeply, we had to find out that the Zen Foundation Theme uses it's own publishing mechanism which is completely different to the default mechanism of Confluence. Sadly there is currently no way to provide support for it in our Content Scheduler plugin. Sorry for the bad news.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events