Configuration Manager for JIRA

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

I would like to know more about this plugin. Are there any videos or documentation available?

4 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 30, 2013

Hi srinivas,

You can take a look at the documentation at https://botronsoft.atlassian.net/wiki/display/CMJ/User%27s+Guide.

You can also request a live demo and we'll be happy to show you the product in action.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 4, 2013

Thanks Boris.

1 vote
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 29, 2013
0 votes
Akshay K V July 11, 2018

Hi, even though debug log is enabled for 'com.botronsoft.jira.rollout', I do not see any debug logs during the analyzing phase while deploying. No logs at all after "Custom fields Conflict detected".

I don't see any progress in the page. I'm confused if the tool is doing anything in the background or not.

0 votes
MoinP December 16, 2013

I am not able to migrate my snapshot, Please look into attached error. ()

MoinP December 16, 2013

Error :

lease create a support issue on our support system with the following information:

1. a description of your problem

2. cut & paste the error and system information found below

3. attach the application server log file ( /home/stgjirauser/jira-home/var/atlassian/application-data/jira_home/log/atlassian-jira.log)

Cause

Referer URL: http://192.168.2.15:8081/secure/ConfigurationDeploy!wizard.jspa?snapshotType=&snapshotId=-1&applicationId=LOCAL&snapshotScope=Project

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.impl.merge.MergeException: Unable to apply change 'type: addition, object: root/Scheduled for Second Round, target object: root, feature: statuses'

Hide stack trace

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.impl.merge.MergeException: Unable to apply change 'type: addition, object: root/Scheduled for Second Round, target object: root, feature: statuses'
        at com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.rest.DeploymentResource.performDeploy(DeploymentResource.java:268)
        at com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.rest.DeploymentResource.deployDescriptor(DeploymentResource.java:133)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
Boris Georgiev _Appfire_
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2013

Hi,

You've pasted just part of the error, which does not include all the information we need to analyze the problem cause.

What I can say, based on this part of the error is that Configuration Manager failed to add an issue status named "Scheduled for Second Round" which might be cased by deployment on system which needs to be re-indexed. Can you try to run a re-index of the JIRA instance you're deploying to ?

I would also advise you to upgrade the plugin to version 1.2 (we released it yesterday) and re-try the deployment. Version 1.2 includes a major improvement in the error reporting as well as the new "Integrity Check" feature which will detect if the error you're seeing is caused by problems in your JIRA configuration.

Take a look at the Configuration Manager 1.2 Release Notes

MoinP December 17, 2013

Thanks Boris,

I have upgrade plugin with 1.2 and also re-index my system but still I getting below error :

Can you please look into this ASAP.

Configuration Manager Error

Please create a support issue on our support system with the following information:

1. a description of your problem

2. cut & paste the error and system information found below

3. attach the application server log file ( /home/stgjirauser/jira-home/var/atlassian/application-data/jira_home/log/atlassian-jira.log)

4. attach support zip file (contains the system information and the log file): support.zip

Cause

Referer URL: http://192.168.2.15:8081/secure/ConfigurationDeploy!wizard.jspa?snapshotType=&snapshotId=-1&applicationId=LOCAL&snapshotScope=Project

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.impl.merge.MergeException: Unable to apply change 'type: addition, object: root/TRM Workflow Open Position/On-Hold, target object: root/TRM Workflow Open Position, feature: commonTransitions'

Hide stack trace

java.lang.RuntimeException: com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.impl.merge.MergeException: Unable to apply change 'type: addition, object: root/TRM Workflow Open Position/On-Hold, target object: root/TRM Workflow Open Position, feature: commonTransitions'
        at com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.rest.DeploymentResource.performDeploy(DeploymentResource.java:276)
        at com.botronsoft.jira.rollout.rest.DeploymentResource.deployDescriptor(DeploymentResource.java:139)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.rest.common.interceptor.impl.DispatchProviderHelper$ResponseOutInvoker$1.invoke(DispatchProviderHelper.java:234)

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events