Columns are not resizable by dragging the markers between the columns

Mediengruppe Magdeburg April 1, 2016

I got a question to PocketQuery, which is by the way a very cool tool.

In documentation is written that when using standard template, columns are resizable by dragging the markers between the columns. That doesn't work in all browsers I've tried (IE, Firefox, Chrome).

Is there a way to adjust the size of a column in another way (template?).

3 answers

0 votes
Vouillamoz Jean-Marie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 10, 2016

Hello,

I have the same problem as you.

Have your solve your problem, and if yes how ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Mediengruppe Magdeburg May 16, 2016

We made a custom template:

<style>
.testtable {
     border-collapse: collapse;
 }
.testtable th, .testtable td {
      border: 1px solid black;
   padding: 7px;
     text-align: left;
     table-layout: auto;
}
</style>
<table class="testtable">
  <tr>
  #foreach ($column in $columns)
    <th class="col-$velocityCount">$!column</th>
  #end
  </tr>
  #foreach ($row in $result)
    <tr class="#if($velocityCount % 2 != 0)odd#{else}even#end">
    #foreach ($column in $row)
      <td class="col-$velocityCount">$!column</td>
    #end
    </tr>
  #end
</table>

Vouillamoz Jean-Marie
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 18, 2016

Super, that work very fine. Thanks a lot !

With this Template, I have no more sorting of the column (click on the column name), and the grey color of the title rows disappeared.

Do you have the code for that 2 features ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

0 votes
Mediengruppe Magdeburg April 7, 2016

I've made a custom template and copied your lines. But it does not work. I also changed param to true. But that didn't work either. What is wrong.

I am also more interested having best fit column sizes. At the moment all columns have the same width regardless of which content there is. That leads to the problem that some columns are to wide because the is only short content and others are cut.  Are there ways that column width is handled automatically best to content?

0 votes
Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 4, 2016

Hi Michael,

Thanks, glad you hear you like PocketQuery! We removed the resizable columns from the defaults. Please use a custom template like this:

## @param colresizable:true

$PocketQuery.template("default")

Let me know if this helps!

Regards, Felix (Scandio) 

Mediengruppe Magdeburg April 7, 2016

Thank you for your help:

I've made a custom template and copied your lines. But it does not work. I also changed param to true. But that didn't work either. What is wrong.

I am also more interested having best fit column sizes. At the moment all columns have the same width regardless of which content there is. That leads to the problem that some columns are to wide because the is only short content and others are cut.  Are there ways that column width is handled automatically best to content?

Felix Grund (Scandio)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 8, 2016

Strange. For me it works perfectly. I simply used the template I posted above:

cast-colresizable.gif

I think you should simply research how to format your table with CSS in the PocketQuery template in a <style> tag. This article could be an entry point.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events