Can you add an option to show the export link at the top of the table instead of the bottom?

Ethan Foulkes
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 8, 2015

We are building tables to export using SQL so they are often very long. I'd like to be able to export without having to scroll to the bottom of a very long table. Could you add this feature?

Thanks!

Ethan

2 answers

0 votes
Fabian Welz March 23, 2016

Added a new version to the marketplace, you should be able to do this now.

0 votes
Fabian Welz October 8, 2015

Sadly I currently don't have the time to implement this in the next months. But I put it on my list I promise! wink

But I have a workaround, if you intrested. I can't advise you to do this, because I am not sure if this conflicts with some license stuff of the Plugin and it is kind of a hack, but here it comes:

I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WORKS, I DID NOT TEST IT. YOU GONNA CHANGE THE POSITION OF THE LINK FOR ALL OTHER USERS. But you always can go back by reinstalling it from the store. 

1. Download the current version of the Plugin from here: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.fabianwelz.confluence.plugins.csvtableexport/versions
  2. Open it with 7-Zip or othe similar software.
  3. Go to file soy/tablewithlink.soy and open it in a texteditor.
  4. Switch the two lines inside the {template..} {/template}-Tag:

{$body} <br/>
    <a ... some long code>..</a>

to

<a ... some long code>..</a>
    <br/> {$body}
  5. Save and close the File. If you use 7-Zip it is going to ask you if you want to change the file in the archiv. Maybe you have to unpack and repack the archiv with an other program or even with 7-Zip, I'm not sure.
  6. Upload & Install via filupload.

I AM NOT SURE IF THIS WORKS, I DID NOT TEST IT. YOU GONNA CHANGE THE POSITION OF THE LINK FOR ALL OTHER USERS. But you always can go back by reinstalling it from the store. 

Comment or send me an Email if it worked or if you need help.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events