Can I sync to multiple projects?

MicahF November 19, 2013
I have code-based projects and product-based projects. For example: let's say we sell Widgets, which have a Config UI and a Reports UI. I can release Config and Reports independently, and there are other products that fit into each in addition to Widgets. So Widgets 2.0.1 might be part of Config 3.4.2 and Reports 6.0.4. I would want the widgets versions to be synced from the two code-based ones, ideally in addition to having their own. Is that possible in a non-annoying manner?

2 answers

0 votes
Remie Bolte
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2014

The Version Sync add-on supports partial synchronisation. You can have a setup where Project B and Project C share the versions from Project A, but still have their own versions as well (they will not be deleted by the Version Sync add-on). In case of duplicate versions (for instance, a Project A version already exists in Project B), the Version Sync add-on will not update the version.

0 votes
Anand Unadkat
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2013

Hi Micah,

You may want to look at the Exocet lite plugin. That allows you to sync fields within different projects. Might be what you're looking for :)

Regards

Anand

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events