Can I set Assignee to custom field in parent and set duedate to current +#

Jenifer Kuntz June 27, 2017

I am creating subtasks and trying to do 2 things 

1. Parent issue has user picker custom field, I want this field to be used to set the assignee.
  2. I want the due date to be set to a date in the future - current date + 2days.

Is this possible using advanced Fields?

Thanks!

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Scott Harwood
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 27, 2017

Hi Jenifer,

Yes you can do that. 

To set the assignee using the value of a user custom field. 

{
    "fields": {
        "Assignee": {"name": "{{issue.fields.My User Picker}}"}
    }
}

To set due date to current date + 2 days. Select the due date field in the edit issue action, and add this: 

{{#now}}func=plusDays(2){{/now}}

Scott

Jenifer Kuntz June 27, 2017

Thank you!

Jenifer Kuntz July 11, 2017

Hi Scott,

Can the due date be set to a custom date field in the parent +2 days?   

Thanks!

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2017

Hi Jenifer,

See our working with dates docs.  You can also use other date fields in smart values. Something like this should do the trick:

{{#issue.parent.fields.Other Date field}}func=plusDays(2){{/}}

Cheers,
  Andreas

Jenifer Kuntz July 11, 2017

Thank you!  I was looking at the Advanced Fields, totally missed the Smart fields and Working with Dates.

This add-on has been a life saver!  Review to come shortly!

andreas
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 11, 2017

Hi Jenifer, 

No worries - happy to help!   Feel free to reach out again if you have more questions!

Cheers,
Andreas

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events