BigPicture Plugin for JIRA question

Hello,

I am interested in trialing BigPicture but before doing so I have a couple of questions:

• When setting up roles, are these available in jira’s standard reporting and exports?
  • Does BigPicture create JIRA custom fields that we will have to delete if we didn’t buy the plugin?
  • Are the roles global or per project?

1 answer

Hi,

We create the following custom fields:

• CUSTOM :Start date (used by BigPicture plugin)
  • CUSTOM: End Date(used by BigPicture plugin)
  • CUSTOM: Baseline Start date (used by BigPicture plugin)
  • CUSTOM: Baseline End Date(used by BigPicture plugin)
  • CUSTOM: Progress (Progress field used by Softwareplant plugins)

As for issue links:

• Gantt: finish-finish
  • Gantt: finish-start
  • Gantt: start-finish
  • Gantt: start-start

Roles are per Program, and each Program can represent a poject - but also multiple ones at the same time or only a part of a single project if so you prefer. They're not visible in JIRA itself yet, but will be very soon!

Hi @Matthew Jagiello

Which custom fields I'm able to see in list of available fields in Big picture?

I'd like to see Epic Name instead of summary or some custom fields that bring to JIRA using Epic Sum up (aptis.plugins.epicSumUp). Is it possible to add them?

Hi

Did you manage to get the Epic Name into the list of available fields? We would like to see Epic Name in the Gant chart for BigPicture. As it is now we can choose between Summary and Description, but would like to see Epic Name as well.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Calling all developers––You're invited to Atlas Camp 2018

Atlas Camp   is our developer event which will take place in Barcelona, Spain  from the 6th -7th of   September . This is a great opportunity to meet other developers and get n...

77 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you