Behaviours do not work with Clone plus plugin.

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2017

Hi, I am using both behaviours and clone plus plugins. However when I am "cloning" via clone + into another issue type, the behaviours do not apply. The behaviours will only apply if I clone into the same issue type. It is a bummer because our behaviours are mandatory to the issue creation, and the clone + plugin is mandatory for some of our users needs. 

In a word, I would like to clone from issue type X into issue type Y and have the behaviours from issue type Y apply.

See this issue

Thanks for your help ! 

1 answer

0 votes
Joshua Yamdogo @ Adaptavist
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2017

Do you have the correct behaviour mapping? You'll need to make sure the behaviour is mapped to both of those issue types (or all issue types). See image below.

Screen Shot 2017-07-19 at 12.09.56 PM.png

Antoine Berry
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 21, 2017

It works, but it feels dirty. Most of the time the plugin will try to apply the behaviours to an issue that is not the correct issuetype (unecessary processing). Moreover both my issue types have their own behaviours, meaning that if a field is shared by the two issuetypes, it will be affected by the two behaviours, which can be doing two different things.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events