Automatically un-check a custom field during a transition

Juby John January 17, 2018

I have a custom field (checkbox )named unit test which is set to pass during workflow transition from A to B. If the worklfow transitions from C to D i would like the checked value (pass) to be unchecked.

I have tried using following post functions nothing worked.

1. Update Issue Custom Field

2. Update Issue Field

3. Update/Set Custom Field to predefined value

4. Clear Field Value

Kindly let me know if anyone how to go about it.

2 answers

0 votes
Juby John January 18, 2018

Problem Solved Thanks.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2018

Hello,

I just tried it on Jira Cloud

If you want to set a value for a checkbox custom field, you should use the Update Issue Custom Field post-function. It should be first in the post-function list.

If you want to clear the value for a checkbox custom field, you should use the Clear Custom Field post-function. It should be first in the post-function list.

After you made changes to your workflow, kindly do not forget to publish the draft.

Juby John January 18, 2018

Hi Alexey,

Thanks for your response. I am using Jira Server 6.4 and i have tried using both the post functions that you mentioned but still after the transition i can see Unit Test option pass as checked instead of being unchecked. I do publish the workflow every time i make changes. 

Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2018

Unfortunately I can not check in on Jira Server 6.4

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events