Applied changes to parent/child spaces in admin panel but not seeing it in dashboard

aaron wideen December 19, 2012

Hi,

I have zen as my theme (just a heads up) and I just installed the subspace add on. I went ahead and sorted my spaces in the admin console but am not seeing the changes in the dashboard... Am I missing a step? In the marketplace one of the images show a shot of the dashboard with the parent spaces and the sub spaces.

Thanks for the help!

-Aaron

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sandro Herrmann [Communardo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2012

Hi Aaron,

i think the zen theme is using it's own macros to display things at the dashboad. The subspace plugin itself has a macro to display the spaces hierachically.

But as first you can try to activate the Dashboard Subspace List via the administration. Go to your "Confluence Admin" -> "Plugins" -> "Manage Existing" -> "Subspace Plugin" and activate the Module "Subspaces Dashboard Panel (CF 4)". This will show you the subspaces as a tabbed view on your dashboard. This view should work for most of the default dashboards. I don't know exactly if the Zen theme is showing these default entries as well.

This step is descripted in the subspace documentation.

As Second you can have a closer look to the zen dashboard administration. I think there is a possibility to insert some macro code for the dashboard. You can call the subspace macro that shows the hierachical spaces:

{subspaces:style=list|sort=title}

i hope that helped a little,

Sandro

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events