Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Configure Incoming Mail on Jira Service Desk

Tim Morris
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
August 14, 2017

Hi 

I am configuring Jira Service Desk on test environment to evaluate. But I am unable to configure Incoming Mail on Jira Service Desk. We are using our own hosted Exchange mail server and My mail server required Secure POP. And I have selected Secure_POP on Jire SD Incoming Mail Setup and tried with Port number and without port number. Everytime I try to Test the Connection it failes and come up with following Error Message

" Unfortunately no connection was possible. Review the errors below and rectify:

• SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target "

Is there any way we can avoid SSL validation on Jira Service Desk to connect Incoming Mail account.

Or Anyone can suggest what is the workaround

1 comment

Comment

Александр Ш.
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 23, 2019

Hi. 

There is no way to ignore SSL if your mail server requeres it. I hope you already solved the issue.

But for other - check the https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211087/ssl-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=installation. 

You should get SSL from your mail server and install it to Jira.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events