using {{sprint}|} smartvalue when processing issues in bulk on sprint start

Greg Bailey January 8, 2020

Hello,

I'm being asked to send an XLS of issues in a sprint on sprint start.  To do this I have a rule I'm authoring using the 'Issues in Sprint'  branch and setting it to process the issues in bulk.  In that branch I have a send XLS action.  There's no problem getting all of the issues in the XLS that is sent, but I'm unable to access the actual sprint name to use it the email subject and body.  I've tried the smart value of '{{sprint}}' but it does not resolve and ends up literally as '{{sprint}}' in email.  And unfortunately using '#cfValue(${issues.get(0)} 10005)' isn't reliable due to, unfortunately, issues may have multiple sprints in the sprint field so that is not an option.

How can I, if at all possible, access the sprint name in this type of automation rule?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

2 answers

0 votes
Greg Bailey January 9, 2020

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had already tried that with no luck.

The body of the received email is:

'Sprint {{issues.get(0).sprint.name}} started by  {{initiator.displayName}}.'

However,  this only 'fails' when using the 'Send an Excel in Email' action which uses the Midori Excel Automation add-on.  

If I use the 'Send email' action it resolves correctly in the delivered email, as does the '{{initiator.displayname}}' smart tag.

The body of the correctly rendered email is:

'Sprint 'Test Sprint 24' has started by Greg Bailey.'

So it looks like its an issue with the Midori add-on?

Thanks again,

Greg

0 votes
frother
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Greg,

When processing in bulk you can pull the sprint name from the first issue like this:

{{issues.get(0).sprint.name}}

Let me know if that works.

Cheers,

Scott

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events