Recognition

• Give kudos
  • My kudos

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

using {{sprint}|} smartvalue when processing issues in bulk on sprint start

Hello,

I'm being asked to send an XLS of issues in a sprint on sprint start.  To do this I have a rule I'm authoring using the 'Issues in Sprint'  branch and setting it to process the issues in bulk.  In that branch I have a send XLS action.  There's no problem getting all of the issues in the XLS that is sent, but I'm unable to access the actual sprint name to use it the email subject and body.  I've tried the smart value of '{{sprint}}' but it does not resolve and ends up literally as '{{sprint}}' in email.  And unfortunately using '#cfValue(${issues.get(0)} 10005)' isn't reliable due to, unfortunately, issues may have multiple sprints in the sprint field so that is not an option.

How can I, if at all possible, access the sprint name in this type of automation rule?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Greg

2 answers

0 votes
frother Atlassian Team Jan 09, 2020

Hi Greg,

When processing in bulk you can pull the sprint name from the first issue like this:

{{issues.get(0).sprint.name}}

Let me know if that works.

Cheers,

Scott

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the suggestion.  I had already tried that with no luck.

The body of the received email is:

'Sprint {{issues.get(0).sprint.name}} started by  {{initiator.displayName}}.'

However,  this only 'fails' when using the 'Send an Excel in Email' action which uses the Midori Excel Automation add-on.  

If I use the 'Send email' action it resolves correctly in the delivered email, as does the '{{initiator.displayname}}' smart tag.

The body of the correctly rendered email is:

'Sprint 'Test Sprint 24' has started by Greg Bailey.'

So it looks like its an issue with the Midori add-on?

Thanks again,

Greg

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Marketplace Apps & Integrations

5 mobile apps for Jira Cloud to boost productivity

It’s very important to have access to the workflow process from anywhere. Especially if you manage the work of others. There is no difference whether you’re out of office, or drive a ca...

284 views 2 5
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you