scriptrunner sprint jql issuefunctions producing incorrect results in scheduled automation task

Greg Bailey January 8, 2020

Hello,

I have a scheduled 'automation for Jira' task set to generate and send a PDF report related to my teams sprints.  The groovy code I have is making JQL calls using the scriptrunner sprint issuefunctions(completedInSprint, addedAfterSprintStart and removedAfterSprintStart).

If I manually render the PDF report using a view or manually execute the automation task the JQL calls return correct results.  

However, when the automation job is run via a scheduled time the results from the exact same JQL calls are incorrect, some results have more issues in them and some have less or none at all.  Im still trying to find a common denominator for the differing results but so far have not found a commonality in the result differences.  Right know I'm suspecting it may be related to the scheduled call somehow mixing up GMT time and my profile time(PST) when running as a scheduled task. btw I do have myself set as the actor of the scheduled automated job.

Is there a known problem executing scriptrunner jql sprint issuefunctions in a scheduled automation job?

Any suggestions on how to provide some useful details to help get this resolved or understood?  

Thanks so much in advance,

Greg

1 answer

0 votes
Yvan Martin
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 9, 2020

Hi Greg,

Developer from Automation here.

We don't have a lot of control over those groovy scripts executing JQL, since they are maintained by ScriptRunner directly.

Could you send through some screenshots of your rule showing those the JQL statements in the scheduled rule, and groovy script?

You can contact our support directly if these contains sensitive data: https://codebarrel.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Cheers,
Yvan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events