scriptrunner fast track transition assistance

Jason Saadatmand November 4, 2014

We have been trying to set up a script that changes the assignee when a custom field called issue type is set to a particular choice (eg bug). so far we have the below; 

2014-11-04 12_13_32-Update Workflow Transition Script Post-Function Function - JIRA UAT.png

however our script doesnt execute and we feel it may be an issue with the variable names. we've tried using full names for the assignee and we've tried using the custom field id number with no sucess. 

thank you for any help

1 answer

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 4, 2014

Is it really a custom field called "Issue Type" and not the system field called "Issue Type"? That would be incredibly confusing if that's the case. 

Use the Condition Tester to check your condition anyway... then check the logs etc.

Jason Saadatmand November 5, 2014

we were asked to set the system field "Issue Type" to only have one option and create another custom field within the form and call it "Issue Type" also but have several options for the custom "Issue Type" field

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 5, 2014

I durst not ask why but sounds like it will end badly. If "issue type" is a select list it should work, try the condition tester

Jason Saadatmand November 5, 2014

issueInputParameters.setAssigneeId('jassaad') that particular line of code just isnt working and after googling, i could find nothing wrong with it

Travis Dreher November 7, 2014

Hi Jamie: I have a similar issue as Jason. I've managed to get the condition working and the workflow successfully auto-transitions to the second state. However, the assignee does not change. For our additional code, we have: issueInputParameters.setAssigneeId('jassaad') Where jassaad is a user name. I've checked the logs as thoroughly as possible and there aren't any exceptions listed nor any scriptrunner-related entries within the ticket-creation timeframe (as the script is meant to execute on ticket creation). I'm certain it's the correct log as earlier exception errors were included before we had fixed the condition. We're running JIRA 6.3.3 and ScriptRunner 3.0.6. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events