"Not Permitted" immediately after Confluence login

Mark Plimley March 19, 2018

I'm running Confluence 6.6.0 server and am still trying to figure it out. Immediately after login as a regular user it puts me on Administration / Users, which I probably visited as jira admin. As expected, I get "Not Permitted." I cleared my browser cache but that didn't help.

I logged in from another computer where I have not connected before, and it put me on the same incorrect page. I conclude from this that Confluence has saved this as my default page. 

I tried changing the URL to [Confluence URL]/welcome.action but this put me on the /dashboard.action page with the same error message.

Is there something wrong with my permissions? How can I fix the default page on login? Please advise.

Mark

2 answers

2 votes
Monique Khairuliana
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 18, 2019

Hi @Mark Plimley , @Ilan Tatar 

I understand that you are concerned that regular users are being redirected to  Administration / Users.

This is the expected behavior. Whenever anyone that does not have a can-use permission tried to log in to Confluence, they will be presented with that page. 

The fix is to add that user to have a can-use permission, or add that user into a group that has a can-use permission in the Global Permission page, only accessible by Confluence admin. 

Please find more information about this issue, and how to amend it from the following documentation:

Hope that helps!

Rebeccah Slade August 17, 2020

Thank you! That guidance was so helpful!

becky

Like Shannon S likes this
0 votes
Ilan Tatar April 3, 2018

I have the same problem and looking for resolution. I have confluence server 6.7.2

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events