jira cloud - chat requires connection to jira but no information on how

paul sexstone January 7, 2020

in ms teams, I have loaded the jira cloud connector to the team channel all ok but in the CHAT area there is a Jira cloud identity, which needs me to "connect" to the jira instance but it doesn't tell me what the url should be like.. ive tried a few and none work.

3 answers

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 30, 2020

​Hi @paul sexstone ,

I would like to add more information to the previous reply:
There are two ways to integrate Jira Cloud into Microsoft Teams:

1. Jira Cloud Connector: users will be notified in a chosen Channel about the JIRA issue created and updated. The Cards sent by the Connector display pre-defined fields that CANNOT be customized.

2. Jira Cloud Integration: users are able to send cards and create an issue by using the Messaging Extension functionality also, users can use the “help” command in the conversation tab of the Jira Cloud tab to get the list of available bot functions of the ChatBot. In order to connect to Jira instance, you would need to paste the URL to your Jira Cloud instance(for example mycopany.atlassian.net).
I hope it's helpful. If you need any further assistance please submit the ticket via microsoftteamsintegrationssupport@softserveinc.com email.

Kind regards,

SoftServe Team

0 votes
MSCSupport January 30, 2020

​Hi

0 votes
SoftServe Support
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 8, 2020

Hello @paul sexstone

It seems that you need to follow the steps from this instruction https://moveworkforward.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOCS/pages/658014231/Microsoft+Teams+Jira+Connector+Cloud

The webhook link is provided when you set up the Jira Cloud Connector in MS Teams.

If that does not help, you may need to send an email to the vendor: https://moveworkforward.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1

Kind regards,

SoftServe Team

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events