is there a way to use multiple values in a value field condition?

vicky April 18, 2019

I have a workflow with 15 statuses. One of the statuses can be reached from half of the remaining statuses, and I want to use a global transition on it so my workflow is readable. I typically use a Value Field condition to hide the transition on the statuses I don't want it to appear on, but I'm annoyed with having to set up seven conditions that say "Status != X" so I'd like to be able to say "Status != (X, Y, Z, etc.)" but it doesn't seem to accept a list whether I use a string or option IDs. Sometimes it *seems* to accept it, but it only works on some of the statuses but not others. 

I'd just like to know if it is possible to use a list in the Value field or I have to create an individual condition for each status I want to hide the transition on. 

Please don't respond to my question with "that's too many statuses in the workflow" or "don't use a global transition" because that is not my question nor is it helpful. Thank you. 

1 answer

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 24, 2022

Hi @Victoria Pullen , I realize this is an old post but I'm working to clean up or respond to old posts. I don't know of any way of accomplishing this other than doing them all individually as you mentioned. However if you found a better way I would love to hear how you achieved.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events