how to make condition when customer create an issue

Виктория May 25, 2020

how to create condition when customer make an issue its possible to make only sub-bug and question type issue?

2 answers

0 votes
Benjamin Weber -Beecom- May 29, 2020

I'm not quite sure what you need exactly.

You could simply use an Issue Type Scheme that only includes these issue types in the project if you only need Sub-Bug and Question.

An option would be to use a transition on the parent issue that links to the same status and creates a linked issue with the required type – you could simulate a Create Issue screen by using the Transition screen and some custom fields that are only used to copy the values to the new issue. On that transition you could also add User Is In Roles or User Is In Group conditions if you need them.

Sadly, JSU does not have a User Group Validator or something like it yet, which is necessary to check the issue on the create transition.

You'll find more information on the create linked issue transition in our documentation: https://confluence-apps.beecom.ch/display/JSU/Create+a+Linked+Issue

Also our helpdesk is always open if you need JSU-specific support: https://servicedesk-apps.beecom.ch/servicedesk/customer/portal/3

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2020

Hi @Виктория ,

You can create a Validator on the Create transition that the Issue Type must be one of those two.

Виктория May 26, 2020

@John Funk Hello, could you show me it on printsreen?
and shall I make this validator on every workflow except this two types?
Screen Shot 2020-05-26 at 10.05.28.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 26, 2020

Ah, you have the Server version. 

Use the Regular Expression Check and place your code in there to check that the Issue type is Sub-bug or the issue type is Question. 

Виктория May 28, 2020

@John Funk could you help me with code?

Виктория May 28, 2020

anyway Regular Expression Check doesn't`t give me ability to choose issue type for checking.
ANd what I read in the internet.. its all not working for this task.
I found ScriptRunner code... but its forbid to make any sub-task for any role in jira 😬

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 28, 2020

Try using:

issue.issueType.name == "sub-bug" || issue.issueType.name == "question"

Be sure to use the right case for the actual issue type names. 

Like Виктория likes this
Виктория May 29, 2020

I can't understand how only using this code I can forbid create all issues type except sub-bug and question only for user role = customer.

customer should be possible create only sub-bug and question.

Also I can't find in Field to be checked: "roles" of creator or "reporter"

Screen Shot 2020-05-29 at 11.23.51.png

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2020

Ah, you are using JSU - I missed that earlier. My answer was for use with the JWME add-on. 

You should probably contact Support at JSU to get help with the syntax. Sorry. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events