how to add the list of attachments to the excel export

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 10, 2014

Assuming you mean Jira, you don't.

Attachments are separate entities, you can't export them to Excel

Larry Stevens January 12, 2014

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I'm referring to Jira OnDemand.

I'm not wanting the actual attacments to be exported to excel, i just need the name of the attachmets assigned to each issue. I would also like to the names of the attachments in the Issue Naviigator.

The export to Word shows the attachment names, but can't get the names in the export to Excel.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 12, 2014

Oh, I see, you need a list of names, not the content. That's sane because a file name, or even lines of filenames, would work fine as a download.

I'm afraid for OnDemand, you're stuck. The best approach here would be a custom field that can work out and display the names, as you could simply include that in your navigator. But OnDemand won't let you use any plugins that provide that.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 12, 2014

Yes, the word report is more of a scrape of data with loads of formatting and extraction done by the code. The excel download is much more simple - it just says "for each field required, create a cell and dump the $value into it"

Hmm, just curious how the export to Word shows the list, but not the export to Excel. Is that something that would require code changes in for the Excel export?

Thanks Nic for the information.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events