draw.io does not embed diagram when first document element is TOC macro

JD Stuart December 19, 2019

Issue 1

Steps to reproduce.

1. Create new blank Confluence page
  2. Enter a page title
  3. One the first line of the Confluence page add the Table of Contents macro.
  4. On the next line create a heading 1 and type some random text
  5. On the next line try to embed a draw.io diagram by opening the "draw.io Embed Diagram" macro. `/draw.io` slash command.

The draw.io diagram box opens and allow you to select a diagram, but the diagram is never inserted.

This also applies to inserting new Draw.io diagrams and I actually lost access to a saved diagram, but can't find a way to edit that diagram now because embedded diagrams can't be edited.

Below are some screenshots, as well as the logs from the browser console.

Issue 2

That's the first issue. The second issue is when there's no TOC on the first line, draw.io actually do insert a diagram, but it ALWAYS insert it at the top of the page and NOT where the cursor is.

Screen Shot 2019-12-19 at 15.52.25.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 15.52.43.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 15.53.28.pngScreen Shot 2019-12-19 at 15.54.05.png

6 answers

0 votes
Mohamed Mohamedin February 6, 2020

It's a bug with Atlassian. Only "Embed diagram" macro fails since it's not a full-screen editor. draw.io Editor works fine as it uses full-screen mode.

The error is in Atlassian Confluence Page Editor: RangeError: Position -1 out of range — pag…mments~b6b5f~4134d62c.9b5b46642a983d3a581d-v39.js:0

So, as a workaround, please use another browser for embedding diagrams.

0 votes
Marija Radovic
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2019

Thanks for all the details. So it works well in Chrome, but it fails in Safari. 

Could I ask you to clear cache and temporarily disable all browser extensions in Safari, please? 

Since all is good in one browser, it means that something is interfering with the process in another browser. 

Thanks,

Marija

JD Stuart February 5, 2020

Sorry, I was on holidays and only returned sometime in January.

I did as you asked, but no luck.

0 votes
JD Stuart December 20, 2019

* Chrome Version 79.0.3945.88 (Official Build) (64-bit) - It works as expected.

* Safari Incognito mode - Issue is reproducible.

0 votes
JD Stuart December 20, 2019

>what browser and operating system you are using (when you repeat all steps in Incognito mode, does it help?)

macOC Catalina 10.15.1 (19B88) - Safari Version 13.0.3 (15608.3.10.1.4)

> if you use Gliffy, do you experience the same problems?

I tested with Gliffy and cannot reproduce the problem.

> draw.io version

Version:1.4.36-AC

Screen Shot 2019-12-20 at 08.49.44.png

0 votes
Marija Radovic December 20, 2019

Hi,

I have just tested this and it is working well (with TOC, new draw.io and embedded diagrams can be seen on Confluence page and also, draw.io diagram can be inserted where the cursor is)

Could you tell us please:

* what browser and operating system you are using (when you repeat all steps in Incognito mode, does it help?)

* if you use Gliffy, do you experience the same problems?

* draw.io version (info can be found under Settings > Manage apps > expand draw.io or https://xyz.atlassian.net/wiki/plugins/servlet/upm?source=side_nav_manage_addons 

(replace xyz with your sub-domain in all URLs on this page )

You can send us a print screen of the expanded draw.io

Thanks.

Kind regards,

draw.io 

0 votes
JD Stuart December 19, 2019

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events