Zephyr for Jira Cloud - how do i edit the fields in the test detail section in a Test?

Saseetha Gowthaman October 17, 2019

Hello,

In the test details section(in the Test), we have Test steps, test data and Test results. we would to rename the test results into Expected results and during execution, we would like to have actual results section to record the results. pls let me know, if that is possible. we are using Zephyr for Jira. thanks

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Steven Colón
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 18, 2019

Hey Saseetha

You can add custom fields to the details by defining them on the global level and then enabling them for the project. 

Here is documentation you can follow for that process:

Customize Global Level Custom Fields -   https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJCLOUD/pages/680919051/Customize+Global+Level+Custom+Fields

Customize Project Level Custom Fields -   https://zephyrdocs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/ZFJCLOUD/pages/680755231/Customize+Project+Level+Custom+Fields

Saseetha Gowthaman November 4, 2019

Thanks Steven!

Bobinson Bobby January 23, 2020

@Steven Colón: For me the custom field page looks blank  (Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari on MacOS). Any inputs ?

2020-01-23_20-37-08.png

Anjali sharma February 10, 2021

I am also not able to see anything.For me the custom field page looks blank  (Firefox, Google Chrome and Safari on MacOS). Any inputs ?

Eli Schneider September 2, 2021

@Steven Colón 

Following this documentation to add a custom field to the details section named "actual results" to record information during execution, as the original question states, does not appear to solve this because these custom fields are not editable during execution, only during editing of a test issue. The only text field that appears to be editable during execution is "comments". Would it be possible to rename this field?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events