Xray cloud how can I export test execution results?

Cristina de la Torriente May 8, 2019

We register the test run result in Jira with comments and evidence. We need to be able to export this information to be able to give it to the customer.

Is there a way to export this information to excel, word, or pdf when using Xray cloud?

Thanks in advance,

Cristina

1 answer

1 vote
Inês Silva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 8, 2019

Hi Cristina,

Currently Xray Cloud hasn't this feature; you can only see the comments if you open the test.

Best regards,
Xray Team

Asselya Kraft
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 24, 2019

Hi Ines,

will you include this feature in any upcoming release? On the server version it's a field Test Step Progress, we would need this in the Cloud version as well.

Thank you in advance for an information on this.

Best regards

Asselya

Cristina de la Torriente September 24, 2019

I totally agree with Asselya, it would be good to have this feature on cloud. Is there any open issue gathering interest or under consideration on the road map that we could vote for?

Best,

Cristina

Like # people like this
Inês Silva
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2019

Hi Asselya & Cristina,

Now it's possible to export this information using the integration with Xporter, see more info here: https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/XPORTERCLOUD/Xray+Test+Management+for+Jira.

Best regards,

Xray & Xporter team

Cristina de la Torriente September 27, 2019

Hi Inês, 

I have tested Xporter a bit and I didn't really get the overview I needed. Exporter allowed me to export each test execution to excel or word; but in my case when I we have 150 test executions, this is time consuming. 

I was expecting to be able to get an overview of all test runs added to a test plan, with status and test run comment. 

Best regards,

Cristina

Like # people like this
Kirsten Dalton March 3, 2021

Hi, I need this as well, I need all data to be extracted for full reporting. It is time consuming to do it per execution run. Did you find the answer? Thanks Kirsten

Cristina de la Torriente March 4, 2021

Hi Kirsten,

Nope, I didn't. The tool needs several improvements when it comes to getting overview of large numbers of test executions / test runs

Kelly McConnell
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2021

I would also like to see the functionality in the cloud version of Xray.

@Inês Silva Is there an XRAYCLOUD ticket that we can vote for to support this change?

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2021

Hi @Kirsten Dalton @Cristina de la Torriente @Kelly McConnell 

Xray has a new feature (added some time ago) called Document Generator to generate custom-made reports to extract any Xray information.

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com); we would gladly assist you further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Murthy Manchikanti
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
December 22, 2021

I have successfully generated a Word document for a Test execution by using 'Document generator". It lists the test case & step details, and also the names of the evidence files. Nice presentable formatting, with a placeholder for sign-off as well.

I wish it printed the evidence screen shots (.PNG files) as well in the document. May be asking too much?

Thanks Xray.

Rawan Bardini
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 22, 2021

@Murthy Manchikanti  - I had the same question as you and raised a support ticket. This was the reply I got which I think can help you. I have not personally taken the steps to do this just yet but I am planning on doing so in my next sprint. Let me know if this works for you. 

From the Xray Cloud Support Team:

Thank you very much for using Xray Cloud and for contacting the Support Desk.

Document Generator will surely help you with these requirements.
You could build a template that, from the Releases view, iterates over the selected Test Executions and corresponding Test Runs to give a list of Evidences in a report.
We suggest that you take a look at the Document Generator documentation, namely at the Exporting Parameterized Tests from a Test Run section.

It would be best if you also visited our Template Store and browse through the free-to-use templates available there.
Some of them might even be enough to suit your requirements. Be sure to check this one.

And, of course, we are always available to support you with your template building. Just drop us a line.

Kind regards,
José Sousa [Xray Support Team]

Thanks!
Rawan

Kirsten Dalton January 20, 2022

Hi, it is great to have the file name of the test evidence in the test case. Is there a way to actually download the test evidence file?

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 28, 2022

Hi @Kirsten Dalton 

It is possible to export the evidence by exporting the respective URL, and using the URL you can download the file.

Please check the documentation and example found here.

Any additional questions, please get in touch with Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app); we would gladly assist you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events