Xporter template not exporting Parent Key or Parent Summary

David Shaffer March 17, 2022

I've created the following Xporter template to create a Trace Matrix. Each User Story is a child of an Epic. Every column exports perfectly EXCEPT ParentIssueKey and Parent.Summary. I cannot get the parent key and summary to export. What am I missing?

Epic KeyEpic TitleKeyIssue TypeSummaryStatusTest Cases
  &{for issues}
${ParentIssueKey}${Parent.Summary}${Key}${IssueTypeName}${Summary}${Status}#{for j=LinksCount}
#{if (%{'${Links[j].LinkType}'.equals('is tested by')})}
${Links[j].Key} - ${Links[j].TestStatus}
#{end} 
#{end}
  &{end}

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2022

Hi @David Shaffer 

Please try this code instead:

${Parent.Key}
${Parent.Summary}

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xporter Support Team]

David Shaffer March 23, 2022

Thanks for the response Rogerio, however, the Epic info is still not exporting.

Screenshot 2022-03-23 092957.jpg

The User Stories are associated with Epics in Jira Could the problem be caused by the first User Story not being associated to an Epic?

Screenshot 2022-03-23 093254.jpg

Dave

David Shaffer March 23, 2022

The 1st user story not being associated to an Epic was not the problem. Still cannot get the parent key & summary to export.

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2022

Hi @David Shaffer 

It is best to contact Xporter Support (http://Xportersupport.getXporter.app) to share your configuration so that the support team can investigate further.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xporter Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events