Xporter: "No templates found for the issues selected".

Jim Johnson October 16, 2017

Just started using Xporter. 

Did an issues query (all issues in an Epic).

Got several hundred issues.

Clicked on the Xporter button.

Got the the following message:

"No templates found for the issues selected.  This happens because you are not entitled to export at least one of the selected issues."

I'm the project/account owner/administrator.  

What might be needed here for me to proceed with exporting that list of issues?

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote
Marrianna Martinez October 22, 2021

I do not have the +Add Template available and when I click "Store" I get this error message: "

Xporter Templates Store is not available.

The Xporter Template Store is not reachable

How do i install templates if the store is not available? WHy would the store not be available? 

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2021

Hi @Marrianna Martinez 

The store URL should be blocked in your network.

If you can access the store directly from the web browser (https://store.getxporter.app/) or on another computer, please download the template and upload the template into Xporter from a file.

Thank you.
Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xporter Support Team]

Marrianna Martinez October 28, 2021

This works! Thank You!

Marrianna Martinez October 28, 2021

I also see that I do not have the option to Schedule Exports, is this due to having the free trial? 

The scheduled exports capability is the priority for our use. 

Kindly, 

Marrianna 

Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 8, 2021

Hi @Marrianna Martinez 

No, even with a free trial you should have all the features available.

It should be best to contact Xray Support (http://Xraysupport.getXray.app) to share your configuration so that the support team can investigate further.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
Rogerio Paiva [Xray Support Team]

0 votes
Siddheshwar mhetre
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 28, 2017

Hi Jim,

You first need to add templates from add-on section. After that, you can view template options

Refer below steps to achieve this

1. Go to Add-on section and click on Template store tab which is available in XPORTER FOR JIRA section

Capture.PNG

2. Next, search the required template from search box and install

Capture2.PNG

3. After that go to issue navigator, go for Xporter for JIRA option, this will bring you a template which you have installed

Capture3.PNG

Hope this will resolve your issue

Cheers!

Siddheshwar

Bonnie Lopes December 11, 2019

I received this same message: No templates found for the issues selected. This happens because you are not entitled to export at least one of the selected issues.

I have a filter that is returning issues from two projects.  I have created my own template and have added a permission scheme with all issue types returned in the filter to both projects and have mapped this template to each of the issue types. 

I can use xporter successfully if I change the filter to look at only one project.  Both projects work independently, but when combing the two projects in the same filter is when I receive this error.  Does xporter need any additional configuration to be used against multiple projects?  I did set-up the permission scheme separately on each as I could not find in our implementation a way to associate the one permission scheme against multiple projects.  Could this be why and why would my implementation not have the operation "Projects" under the drop down for permission scheme?

Bonnie Lopes December 11, 2019

I answered my questions.  To go against multiple projects I had to create the permission scheme and template at the Global level and not the project level.  As JIRA admin with privileges to upload global templates and create permissions schemes, my operations did include the projects dropdown and was able to associate to multiple projects. 

Rob Horan
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 16, 2020

I installed the trial of this app and ran into the same problem.  After installing a bunch of templates I was able to get past this.  I still don't undertand the problem - or maybe I should say I don't understand the error.  The error didn't say hey, go install a template.  The error was completely meaningless in this case.  Without this post I would have had no idea of how to proceed.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events