XPorter - formating word-template (table with background colors)

Ronald Kopecky April 15, 2021

hi community

during creating a report-template for xporter I generate a question.

is there a possibility to format a cell background of a table in Word365 according a field-value?

ex.

• no-dev => background ist green
  • min-dev => background ist yellow
  • mid-dev => background ist orange
  • crit-dev => background ist red

thx

Ronald

2 answers

0 votes
Jesús Padilla Crespo
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 17, 2024

Good colleagues, I share with you the solution that I came up with to be able to change color cells in a table of an Xporter Word template.

Using Blocks and Conditionals filter the result of a field (Index in my case).
When one condition or another is met, I will give you the row or column of the cell with a predefined color.
Which will cause a row of one color or another to be added depending on the value.

fotoplantilla1.png

This is a simple example with three colors but using conditionals we could create infinite combinations such as yellow-green / yellow-red / red-green...etc.

As a result of exporting the issue with this template, a new row will be created in the table.

In summary, there is the possibility of 'modifying' cell colors in a template but it is a somewhat laborious job since the conditionals have to be repeated for each possibility of color combination that exists.

imagentemplate2.png

I hope my solution has been helpful to you, a hug.

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 17, 2021

Hi @Ronald Kopecky 

It is possible, by creating all possibilities inside conditional blocks (https://confluence.xpand-it.com/display/public/XPORTER/Conditional+Blocks).

And when a given condition evaluates as true it shows that cell with the background you need, and all the other options for cell colors are not shown because their condition evaluates as false.

If you additional help, please contact the Xporter Support (http://xportersupport.xpand-it.com) so that we can request additional information and help further.

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xporter Support Team]

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events