Will Ad-Hoc Workflows integrate with the new task system in Confluence?

Atle Johansen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 11, 2012

Hi,

With the new task system available in Confluence the task system in ad-hoc workflows can be confusing for users. Is there any plans for integrating workflow tasks, so they show up in the Confluence task list?

Would be a nice feature I think, as they will be more visible for users with the inbox notification system.

Best regards,

Atle Johansen
Bitfrost AS

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 12, 2012

Hi Atle,

Our next version of Ad hoc Workflows will include integration with the new notifications added in Confluence 4.3. We are also looking into how best to integrate our tasks with the built in Confluence tasks, but at this point as we want to get Ad hoc Workflows 3.3 out around the end of the month, tasks integration will likely be in a later release.

Can I ask are you using Ad hoc Workflows Tasks as part of the normal workflow process? In other words, do you have tasks in specific workflow states that need to be completed in that state?

Thanks,

Miguel

Atle Johansen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 12, 2012

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your swift answer. That sounds great, looking forward to the future features.

We are not currently using the tasks much, as they are not that "visible" when users have to remember to go into the adhoc workflow tasklist to check for tasks. I tried setting up email notifications, and got it to work reasonably well for assigning reviews, but haven't gotten in to work for tasks.

If the reviews and tasks are integrated with the new task system, these tasks will be easier for users to find, as they will show up in a single place rather than users having to relate to two different task systems :) So in short, with the task systems integrated, we would probably use tasks more :)

Regards,

Atle

Tiago Santiago October 24, 2012

"Our next version of Ad hoc Workflows will include integration with the new notifications added in Confluence 4.3."

thats amazing ! when do you think it will come out, that new version with integration of notifications ?

thanks

Miguel Reimer
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 24, 2012

Hi Tiego,

Ad hoc Workflows 3.3 which has the initial integration was released a few weeks ago with 3.3.1 released last week to fix some issues.

Give it a try and let us know if you have any issues. For future questions/issues we would kindly ask that you use our support forums here: http://community.comalatech.com which have a lot of existing questions and answers that you may find useful.

Thanks,
Miguel

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events