Why can't we put tests into a folder structure?

charles thorn March 3, 2016

This would make things soooo much easier for us. We could copy/paste all the regression tests from one release folder (say 15.1) into another release folder (say 15.2) this way we could update the tests as we go without worrying about updating past Version tests.

2 answers

1 vote
Swapna Kumar Vemula [Zephyr]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2016

Hello Charles,

If you want to reuse the same tests for different versions, you can achieve this by cloning the existing Tests. Explore different plugins provided by Atlassian for bulk cloning issues. You can organise tests in this way for different versions without creating a new set of tests.

Our Product Management team has been made aware of this feature request. They will review the same for consideration. We appreciate your valuable feedback in making Zephyr for JIRA  better. 

We would also like you to refer our another product Zephyr Enterprise Edition which provides a repository to manage your test cases that suits your requirement.It integrate various test tools and systems, offer global access, foster collaboration and provide management visibility.

Regards,

Zephyr Support

charles thorn March 7, 2016
Swampna,

re: "We would also like you to refer our another product Zephyr Enterprise Edition which provides a repository to manage your test cases that suits your requirement"

1. Is there documentation for the above repository that I could look at? Unable to find at this time.
  2. I'm a JIRA / Zephyr user. I have no access to the server or other administrative functions. How do I tell if we have the Enterprise edition of Zephyr?

Thanks,

Charles

swapnakumarv March 8, 2016

Charles,

Zephyr Enterprise Edition is a Real time test management platform for enterprises. Track quality, manage global teams, integrate with JIRA and report in real-time. It is another product Zephyr provides apart form Zephyr for JIRA add-on which you are using currently. Please find the complete product documentation here. For repository related information check out here.

Regards,

Zephyr Support

0 votes
Cheney Ma [Go2Group]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 17, 2016

synapseRT NextGen provides folder system to manage your test case, see if you would like it: https://doc.go2group.com/display/SRT6/Organize+Test+Cases+in+Test+Suites

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events