When reviewing documents with Comala, is a diff produced to view changes?

Angelos Erilus
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 19, 2019

I am want to use Comala with Confluence for publishing peer reviewed documents that have gone through a workflow for tagging changes to be reviewed within the document and assigning tasks and reviewers.  It seems like it is capable of covering all of our peer reviewing needs at a high level except for the ability to see versioning and changes associated with previous released versions of the document.  Does Comala also do this or is there an additional plugin needed for this? Can a diff document be produced, to view the changes made in the document?

2 answers

1 vote
Tim Hagen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 6, 2022

With a Published state defined, this markup will display the version to diff with.

{pageheader}
||Current page version|@version@|
||Latest approved version (for review/diff purposes)|@approved@|
{pageheader}
{trigger:statechanged|state=Published}
{set-metadata:approved}@version@{set-metadata}
{trigger}
0 votes
Ed Gaile _Atlanta_ GA_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 19, 2019

Angelos -

Are you just trying to see the differences between versions of a confluence page? If so, you can just go to the page history of that page and see the different versions and do a compare between versions.conf-1.pngconf-2.png

Tim Hagen
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
August 30, 2022

I think what Angelos was looking for is a way to compare page changes to the latest approved version, if present. Unfortunately, Confluence's page history doesn't indicate Comala approvals. It would be great if Comala's Workflow Status Bar included a "compare to Published" option for reviewers.

Aaron Gage
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 13, 2023

Yes!  So want something like this!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events