When: "ABC" If: "ABC" Then: "ABC" - Missing the "if" and "Then"

Nachumi E
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 12, 2018

Hello, Very strange issue, I see on the images from Automation for Jira that it's suppose to have:

• WHEN
  • IF
  • THEN

For Eg (What i am trying to achive:

• When: Issue transitioned
    Rule is run when an issue is transitioned through its workflow.
    • If: Parent matches
      status = "TO DO"
      • And: Some Sub-tasks match
        status = "Done"
  •  Then:
    • For Parent
      Transition the issue to
      In-Progress

But, When i set it up it won't work and also it displays it very strange - it only shows "When" > "And" - It won't show the "If" or the "Then" :

JIRA IF THEN.JPG

1 answer

0 votes
Nick Menere
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2018

Hi Dxmitry,

There is a bug around the labelling of the items in the side bar  so this should actually read:

• "When" issue is transitioned
  • "If" parent matches JQL
  • "And" some subtasks match
  • "Then" for the parent
    • Transition the issue

This is a labelling issue but functionally it should still work. BUT...

The rule is actually misconfigured as an issue can't have both a parent and sub-tasks. You have 2 conditions, the first checks that a parent of the issue that transitioned matches a JQL, and the second that checks if the sub-tasks of the issue transition match a JQL.

Both of these can't be true and the rule will always not execute beyond the conditions.

I think what you need to do to fix the rule is delete the "Parent matches" condition and add a "Jql condition" just before the Transition action that checks that the issue matches - status = "TO DO"

Hope that helps,

Cheers,

Nick Menere [Code Barrel]

Automation for Jira

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events