What will happen to the data if I do Gantt Chart Conversion

Hsinyi Hung December 17, 2021

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 9.28.54.png

This is my conversion settings. 

I want to confirm the following questions before I hit the convert button:

Some projects manage their start and end dates only in Jira field and some only in Gantt Chart filed.

1. What happen to the values in Jira start and end date fields when there is no value in Gantt Chart app's start and end dates field? will the values in Jira field remain?

2. If there is no start and end date field in Jira issue and start and end states values are in Gantt Chart app, will the value in Gantt chart appear if I add the start and end date field back to Issue after the conversion? (or do I have to do it before the conversion?)

1 answer

0 votes
Hikaru
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 19, 2021

Hello @Hsinyi Hung ,

Some projects manage their start and end dates only in Jira field and some only in Gantt Chart filed.

1. What happen to the values in Jira start and end date fields when there is no value in Gantt Chart app's start and end dates field? will the values in Jira field remain?

Unfortunately, you can only choose whether you want to override existing Jira field data or Abandon WBS Gantt-Chart unique data when you execute the data conversion. 

Date conversion.png

Here are the results of both options.

WBS Gantt-chart field data(before conversion) | Jira field data(before conversion)| → Jira field data(after conversion)

Override existing field value

① blank | blank |→  blank
② have data | blank |→  WBS Gantt-chart field data
③ blank | have data |→  blank
④ have input data | have data |→  WBS Gantt-chart field data

Abandon WBS Gantt-Chart unique data

① blank | blank |→  blank
② have data | blank |→  blank
③ blank | have data |→  Jira field data
④ have data | have data |→ Jira field data

Suggest an answer

TAGS