What is the difference between sequence diagram display add-on and sequence diagram in draw.io?

Taruna Marrivada April 3, 2024

Can we use sequence diagram display plugin from draw.io?

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Mike Rink - draw_io
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2024

@Taruna Marrivada draw.io can definitely be used to create sequence diagrams. This blog is a complete how-to: https://www.drawio.com/blog/sequence-diagrams . I second @David at David Simpson Apps 's suggestion, give the app a try for free and see if you like it. 

Taruna Marrivada April 3, 2024

But this way is manual, I need to get the automatic diagrams when we push the code.Is there any solution for this?

David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
April 3, 2024

Aha! Here’s the real question. 

I’m guessing that these diagrams are hosted elsewhere behind authentication and you need the diagram to appear on a confluence page?

I dunno the answer to that, but likely someone here has already done it. 

Bastian -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
April 7, 2024

@Taruna Marrivada Actually, you can create diagrams from code, please have a look at https://www.drawio.com/blog/diagrams-from-code to see the options in draw.io

Like Mike Rink - draw_io likes this
Bastian -drawio Diagrams-
Marketplace Partner
April 7, 2024

@David at David Simpson Apps The draw.io integration in Atlassian Confluence and Jira is embedded into the tool, so if the Confluence/Jira deployment isn't publicly available, you need authentification to access the diagram or whiteboard. 

Like Mike Rink - draw_io likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
David at David Simpson Apps
Marketplace Partner
April 3, 2024

Probably. But the easiest way to find out is to just install both on a trial and see which you like best. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events