We recently upgraded ScriptRunner from 4.3.4 to 5.1.6.2 and LinkedIssues wrong

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

While on 4.3.4 the JQL returned 202 issues, and on 5.1.6.2 it only returns 69

issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("project = AV") AND resolution = Unresolved

I've reviewed the release notes for all versions between the two and didn't see any changes to the linkedIssuesOf function, what could be causing this discrepancy?

1 answer

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 26, 2018

I use the scriptrunner linkedissues all the time and did not see a change as we upgraded but did not have such a large version gap.  Do you know what some of the issues are that are missing?  If so I would recommend comparing them to the issue that are still being pulled in the JQL to see what the discrepancy is.  

Just out of curiosity is the only thing you upgraded was scriptrunner or did you also upgrade Jira?

Brian Spence
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 26, 2018

I had the JQL wrong in my original question and it has been updated.  ScriptRunner was the only upgrade done.

In looking at the deltas, all the issues returned by the new version were indeed included in the old version of the report, however, over 100 from the old version do not appear in the new.

In looking at the Delta it runs the full length of link types; Epic, clone, relates to, blocks, custom link types.  It also covers both the inbound and outbound link versions.

In short, I haven't been able to identify any consistency in the deltas.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events