Watchers visibility on the issue page

cbodnarasec July 10, 2018

I have a requirement to show the component watchers in the Create Issue page or in the issue details page, so that the creator can check if all watchers are there and add/remove if necessary. Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Cristian 

1 answer

0 votes
Josh Loe July 10, 2018

Cristian,

Check out JRACLOUD-21897.  

Currently, a possible workaround this limitation is to define a custom field of the Multi User picker, display it on the Create issue screen and include it in a given project's notification scheme.

- Josh Loe

cbodnarasec July 11, 2018

Thanks Josh. Actually I do have that custom field and able to add watchers during issue creation, however it doesn't display the already set up watchers at the component level, added with the plugin JIRA Component Watcher. My users would want to check that list and add/remove people as needed(either in the issue creation screen or in the issue details screen, after creation).

Thanks,

Cristian

cbodnarasec July 13, 2018

Hi Josh,

Based on your suggestion I added a custom field with the type Component Watchers, which did the trick. Now it shows in the issue details page but I'm not sure why it doesn't show in the Create Issue screen.

Thanks,

Cristian

Josh Loe July 13, 2018

Christian, have you added it to the Create Issue Screen?  Here's a guide: 

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver073/project-screens-schemes-and-fields-861253368.html

cbodnarasec July 13, 2018

Thanks Josh. I am puzzled why it is not showing. It is added to the Create Issue screen and it is not hidden in the Field Configuration.

I guess the issue is when the page is rendered, this field needs a component already selected in order to display the watchers for that component. Since no component is selected, this field is empty and it is not rendered. Just a guess.

Cristian

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events