Using ScriptRunner to get the value entered in a scripted field.

Brian Mikolajczyk April 5, 2017

I would like to transform the text inputed into a scritped field to be transformed into a hyperlink based on what is inputed.

So far I have,

import com.atlassian.jira.component.ComponentAccessor
import com.atlassian.jira.issue.CustomFieldManager

CustomFieldManager customFieldManager = ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager();
document_id = customFieldManager.getCustomFieldObjectByName('Document_ID');

//return the full href:
DOCUMENT_ID = issue.getCustomFieldValue(document_id);
return '<a href="http://server:port/object/Issue/' + DOCUMENT_ID + '">' + DOCUMENT_ID + '</a>'

This does not work, however.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Daniel Yelamos [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 6, 2017

Hello Brian. 

We are happy to take your question here. We ran your script on our test servers and we see it working fine. You have not given us your output, so we do not know what part does not work.

We guessed that maybe you are not setting the scripted field template as a HTML, but as plain text. If you set your script like you see in the picture below:

Screen Shot 2017-04-06 at 10.45.12.png

It should work as you intend. 

Brian Mikolajczyk April 17, 2017

Thank You, I forgot the 'def' infront of the document_id.

0 votes
AnnWorley
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 5, 2017

Even though Scriptrunner is a plugin, since you are working on some code, I wager the Developer Community will be of more help:

Atlassian Developer Community

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events