Unable to enable Behaviours plugin 0.4.7 with JIRA 3.4.3

Wojciech Olearczyk November 15, 2011

Hi,

I wanted to install a new version of Behaviours plugin but when trying to enable I'm getting :

2011-11-16 09:14:04,708 http-8080-1 ERROR SG0215587 554x137x1 qd8kdm 10.136.152.168 /rest/plugins/1.0/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'Hideable Free Text Field (unlimited text)' of plugin 'com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours'. Disabling.
com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/onresolve/jira/behaviours/customfields/AbstractHideableCFType, method: super$4$getProjectImporter signature: ()Lcom/atlassian/jira/imports/project/customfield/ProjectCustomFieldImporter;) Illegal use of nonvirtual function call at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:58) at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.loadClass(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:176) at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.enabled(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:423) at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.customfield.CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorImpl.enabled(CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorImpl.java:48)
(..) /rest/plugins/1.0/com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours-key [atlassian.plugin.manager.DefaultPluginManager] There was an error loading the descriptor 'Hideable Free Text Field (unlimited text)' of plugin 'com.onresolve.jira.plugin.Behaviours'. Disabling.

com.atlassian.plugin.PluginParseException: java.lang.VerifyError: (class: com/onresolve/jira/behaviours/customfields/AbstractHideableCFType, method: super$4$getProjectImporter signature: ()Lcom/atlassian/jira/imports/project/customfield/ProjectCustomFieldImporter;) Illegal use of nonvirtual function call
at com.atlassian.plugin.module.LegacyModuleFactory.getModuleClass(LegacyModuleFactory.java:58)
at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.loadClass(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:176)
at com.atlassian.plugin.descriptors.AbstractModuleDescriptor.enabled(AbstractModuleDescriptor.java:423)
at com.atlassian.jira.plugin.customfield.CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorImpl.enabled(CustomFieldTypeModuleDescriptorImpl.java:48)
(...)

I have JIRA 4.3.4. I would also like to mention that plugin in v. 0.3.4 worked just fine.

Am I missing something?

Thanks is advance.

Magda (BTO)

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2011

Did you install it through the UPM? Or did you download it from PAC then install manually? Because there are two versions 0.4.7, one for jira 5, and one for jira 4. If you downloaded maybe you got the wrong one... the wrong one would have ended in -jira5.jar.

Can you check that? Or uninstall, then download again, click through to the compatibility matrix to select the correct jira version.

The error you are is setting is an error you would get with this mismatch.

But most of my testing has been with jira 4.4.x, I will double check jira 4.3.4.

Wojciech Olearczyk November 16, 2011

Manually. Yes you were right I just downloaded the default version from the studio.plugins .

I found the version for jira 4 and it seems to work correct so far.

Thank you very much for your help.

JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 16, 2011

No problem. Please tick this answer, it might help other people. Thanks.

0 votes
Madhavi Adireddi November 19, 2012

If you disable the following module from the behavior plugin then it works fine. Try this and see. I faced the same problem and i started the trial and error with these modules and for me the "Free Text Searcher" was creating the problem. Once i disabled that it went thru creating the defect.
Free Text Searcher

(hideable-textsearcher)

Search for values using a free text search. "

0 votes
Christian Komla Boni October 10, 2012

I am using JIRA (v5.0.6) and Behaviour Plugin 0.5.0.

Creating a new Issue i got " Error creating issue: null ". and by Re-Index i got the following Errors:

Please what am i doing wrong ? i need help ...!

JIRA Indexing

Task completed in 0 seconds with unexpected error.

Started Today 10:34 AM. Finished Today 10:34 AM.

java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.onresolve.jira.behaviours.customfields.AbstractHideableCFType.isHidden(AbstractHideableCFType.groovy:41)

at com.onresolve.jira.behaviours.customfields.AbstractHideableCFType.this$6$isHidden(AbstractHideableCFType.groovy)

at com.onresolve.jira.behaviours.customfields.AbstractHideableCFType$this$6$isHidden.callCurrent(Unknown Source)

at com.onresolve.jira.behaviours.customfields.AbstractHideableCFType.getValueFromIssue(AbstractHideableCFType.groovy:114)

at com.onresolve.jira.behaviours.customfields.AbstractHideableCFType.getValueFromIssue(AbstractHideableCFType.groovy)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.fields.CustomFieldImpl.getValue(CustomFieldImpl.java:355)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.indexers.impl.SortableTextCustomFieldIndexer.addDocumentFields(SortableTextCustomFieldIndexer.java:41)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.indexers.impl.SortableTextCustomFieldIndexer.addDocumentFieldsSearchable(SortableTextCustomFieldIndexer.java:31)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.indexers.impl.AbstractCustomFieldIndexer.addIndex(AbstractCustomFieldIndexer.java:46)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.IssueDocument.getDocument(IssueDocument.java:40)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.get(DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.java:15)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.get(DefaultIssueDocumentFactory.java:11)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IssueLockDocumentCreationStrategy$2.get(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:512)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IssueLockDocumentCreationStrategy$2.get(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:509)

at com.atlassian.util.concurrent.ManagedLocks$ManagedLockImpl.withLock(ManagedLocks.java:315)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IssueLockDocumentCreationStrategy.get(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:508)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IssueLockDocumentCreationStrategy.get(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:496)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$IndexIssuesOperation.perform(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:371)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$4$1.get(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:255)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$4$1.get(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:251)

at com.atlassian.jira.index.SimpleIndexingStrategy.get(SimpleIndexingStrategy.java:9)

at com.atlassian.jira.index.SimpleIndexingStrategy.get(SimpleIndexingStrategy.java:5)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$4.consume(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:250)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer$4.consume(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:243)

at com.atlassian.jira.util.collect.CollectionUtil.foreach(CollectionUtil.java:43)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.util.DatabaseIssuesIterable.foreach(DatabaseIssuesIterable.java:43)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer.perform(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:242)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer.indexIssues(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:123)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIssueIndexer.indexIssuesBatchMode(DefaultIssueIndexer.java:134)

at com.atlassian.jira.issue.index.DefaultIndexManager.reIndexAll(DefaultIndexManager.java:257)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.util.profiling.object.ObjectProfiler.profiledInvoke(ObjectProfiler.java:81)

at com.atlassian.jira.config.component.SwitchingInvocationHandler.invoke(SwitchingInvocationHandler.java:28)

at $Proxy110.reIndexAll(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.jira.util.index.CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.reIndexAll(CompositeIndexLifecycleManager.java:49)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.ReIndexAsyncIndexerCommand.doReindex(ReIndexAsyncIndexerCommand.java:27)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.call(AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.java:54)

at com.atlassian.jira.web.action.admin.index.AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.call(AbstractAsyncIndexerCommand.java:23)

at com.atlassian.jira.task.TaskManagerImpl$TaskCallableDecorator.call(TaskManagerImpl.java:359)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.impl.DefaultMultiTenantManager.runForTenant(DefaultMultiTenantManager.java:61)

at com.atlassian.multitenant.juc.MultiTenantExecutors$WrappedRunnable.run(MultiTenantExecutors.java:160)

at com.atlassian.jira.task.ForkedThreadExecutor$ForkedRunnableDecorator.run(ForkedThreadExecutor.java:249)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 15, 2011

Do you mean jira 3.4.3? Or do you mean 4.4.3 or something?

Wojciech Olearczyk November 15, 2011

Sorry, typo. I meant 4.3.4.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events