Unable to display a jira table value using the Kepler db plugin

Ash April 9, 2013

Hi there,

I'm trying to use this plugin to pull in a list of names from the projectrole table within Jira itself using the add in. I already have this database listed in the context.xml file.

e.g

<Resource name="JIRA_PROD" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource" username="nnnn" password="nnn" driverClassName="net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver" url="jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://servername:port/JIRA_PROD;instance=INSTANCE1" />
</Context>

However when I configure it as below, nothing appears in the drop down. Is there something else that I need to do?

I aleady have another table (non-native) in the Jira database referenced and that works fine.

Thanks in advance

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Ash April 10, 2013

Hi - thanks for the response. I checked the logs and found that the sql query was incorrect. After a bit of checking I found out that I had to use the full table name (i.e. jira.projectrole) and this worked.

0 votes
Radu Dumitriu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

So there's no real problem, but the config. Please mark it as solved

Thanks,

R.

0 votes
Deleted user June 18, 2013

which log file did you look at to determine this?

Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 18, 2013

You should look into atlassian-jira log file, located under the JIRA_HOME/log folder.

0 votes
Alexandru_Iacob
Rising Star
Rising Star
April 9, 2013

Do you have any errors in the logs?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events