UWC not converting

Deleted user November 14, 2012

I am trying to migrate all of our TWiki content to confluence using the UWC (Universal Wiki Converter).

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.atlassian.uwc

But i keep getting the following error

REMOTE_API_ERROR: Could not transform wiki content in page: '<page-name>' from markup to xhtml.

I have looked for an answer on forums, i have also following the documentation but it doesnt seem to be getting me anywhere.

A lot of the pages transfer over with no problems but for about 40-45% of them i get this error in the log file and they are unreadable when uploaded to confluence.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
chrisi November 19, 2012

i had the same problem when trying to import pages from pmwiki.

I had a look in the confluence-logfile where its said:

The macro ' ... %3cdo Something with the DB> return ... ' is unknown.

It turned out that confluence had a problem with code-snippets in my pages. it tries to interpret every curly-bracket as a confluence-marco - and there are a lot of curly-brackets in java-code ;-)

i replaced every { with [ and every } with ], after that the import worked.

Deleted user November 29, 2012

Thanks this does work, i tested it on a few pages but i dont think this is a solution for me as i cant do this throughout TWiki as its a rather large space as its been with the company for 7 years or so so its rather large. i think im going to have to pick what comes over and what gets archived.

0 votes
Petja Zöllner
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 18, 2014

Well - I had the same error, and there were "<" and ">" Symbols in my TWiki content, which I changed all to "(" and ")". Then I was able to import the TWiki pages.

0 votes
Craig Everett
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
December 5, 2013

chrisi: Glad you posted this -- I've been left with a pile of steaming Atlassian in my lap that needs maintenance on short notice, and this was precisely the thing I needed to know that I wasn't motivated enough to discover on my own.

Brian Mitchell: This is precisely what tools like sed are for.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events