Transition field-based rule not working

sergio.peschiera August 1, 2022

I have a workflow where I want to make a the ability to make transition be conditioned on the values of two different fields. For that, I've added two field rules to the transitions. However, only the first of these two is actually working, since the second rule is not blocking anything when the condition is not met. I am attaching screenshots of the evidence, including the rules set and the example of the ticket.

2 answers

0 votes
sergio.peschiera August 2, 2022

Screenshot 2022-08-01 at 11.26.58.pngScreenshot 2022-08-01 at 11.26.49.pngScreenshot 2022-08-01 at 11.26.09.png

attached now, as you see, the value for this particular ticket in 'has comms release' is 'No' but they're still able to make a transition that requires it to be 'Yes'.

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 1, 2022

Hi Sergio,

I don't see any screenshot attached. Can you try to add that again? 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2022

You have two rules on that transition. It will check the first and if it passes, it will the issue go. It implements the rules as an OR not an AND. 

huh, that seems like a major flaw, one would assume these are treated as AND and not OR

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 2, 2022

Agreed - but it is what it is. You can reverse them to try it to see if it behaves differently. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events