Timesheet Gadget Not Displaying Current User (blank)

Andy March 26, 2014

Hey There,

Recently upgraded from 5.1.8 to 6.1.1 and we're having a minor issue. Instead of only displaying the "Current User" from leaving this field blank: http://imgur.com/RQjVVcg

Resulting in our timesheet showing all the users, rather than just the current user's logged work. Alternatively, when we modify or create a filter calling out "currentuser()" it does not display a list of their logged work overall.

Is this a known issue, or is there something I'm missing? Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Hi Andy,

I'm not sure I get it correclty. Indeed there is relevant change, rather fix, but it's not released yet, so I don't think you get this case. When filter is specified now (sice next update) it will show all users worked on the isses in filter result.

Could you please show other options? You may have group or role specified which cause similar behaviour.

Thank you.

Andy March 26, 2014

Andriy,

Thanks for your response. Here are our current settings on the gadget: http://imgur.com/MGe4cGD

For clarification: Are you saying that singling out the "Current User" should no longer be done by leaving the field "Show entries created by user (optional, current user if empty)" inside of the gadget blank, and rather populating the "Show Summary for project or filter"?

Thanks again.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 26, 2014

Yes, but this change is not released yet, so I don't think you get this behaviour, unless you use other distribution than from Atlassian Marketplace.

But from the screen shot it looks that you get exactly this behaviour. Could you please let me know exact plugin version from Administration - Add-Ons - Timesheet Reports and Gadgets Plugin, including build nuber.

Thank you.

Andy March 26, 2014
Version:2.7.8.1
Build #673

Thanks!
Andy March 26, 2014

Let me know if there is any way I can help/if you have anything else I can clarify.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 26, 2014

All looks ok, I will try to investigate it deeply.

Andy March 27, 2014

Andriy,

Is this what you're looking for? Before this would only display the current user, rather than the list. As previously mentioned, here are our settings on the gadget: http://imgur.com/MGe4cGD

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

Could you please provide gadget view screen shot, or what does title say? E.g. 'Summary for admin and filter Problems'.

Thank you.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2014

It's clear now, there are two things:

1) Group marketing - though it's unclear how it happens, because you don't have this in configuration. May be you can try to save configuraiton again, or add new gadget to dashboard to clear this up.

2) project Marketing Project Managment - this is indeed changed few versions ago, it shows timesheet for Project, similarly to Group or Role. So you have to create filter (project = marketing Project Management) and use it to get previous behaviour.

Thank you.

Andy March 30, 2014

Thanks Andriy. I'm going to work with the primary users of this plugin and get back to you!

Andy March 30, 2014

Thanks for pointing it out, that was the fix. Have a good week.

Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 30, 2014

Great, thank you, you too :)

0 votes
Andy March 30, 2014

Thanks Andriy. I'm going to work with the primary users of this plugin and get back to you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events