Tempo Reporting - how to filter using JQL

Ben America February 20, 2022

Hi All,

I am testing Tempo in Jira Server (Ver. 8.16.1). and i want to group my reporting data based on a specific attribute that our company use (its called ServiceDesk Category) 

But the problem is that on the 'Group by' field, i cannot see or pick JQL. 

It only gives me

- Account

- Project

- Epic

- Sub-task

- Fix version

- Worklog

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Alexander Bondarev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2022

Hi @Ben America !

Like it is told in official Tempo's documentation(Tempo Reports FAQs ): 

It’s not currently possible to add the Jira custom fields to the reports displayed in the UI, however, it is possible to add those fields to the export of the reports.

Cloud - Copying and exporting Jira custom fields

Server/Data Center - Custom fields configuration

sigh...this is will be a major roadblock for our company to adopt Tempo.

btw is there a way if i want a report that shows average time for issue type for all my engineers?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 21, 2022

If an Excel report is acceptable to solve this use case, then the Better Excel Exporter app can easily create you that report. See some samples here.

jira-tempo-time-report-pivot-table.png

0 votes
Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 21, 2022

Hi,

The eazyBI app for Jira can create Tempo timesheet reports with any custom field. You may check the example report here:
https://eazybi.com/accounts/1000/dashboards/27385-time-tracking

You might wish to check the webinar recording about how to use the eazyBI app for Tempo reporting: https://www.tempo.io/webinars/complete-your-data-integrate-tempo-and-eazybi.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

Ben America February 22, 2022

how much is EazyBI cost for server edition (roughly 25 users)?

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 22, 2022
Neenu jose June 29, 2023

@Janis Plume _eazyBI_ Can we display the expense submitted in TEMPO using eazyBI reports? If yes can you show a sample report?

Janis Plume _eazyBI_
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 13, 2023

Hi @Neenu jose 

eazyBI app currently does not support integration with Tempo Cost tracker, so expense reporting is not possible with the standard features of eazyBI.

Kindly,

Janis, eazyBI support

0 votes

Tempo2.JPG

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events